Monday, March 7, 2011

At least something got acomplished

It's March  and I have already finished 6 projects since Christmas. This may be a new record for me. First finished was Orange bunny,  done as a surpise for Kevin. Only took me a year to finish, not bad giving my track record. Then I also got done the Monster dice for the Christmas grab bag, that was a major painting feat for me 15 individual dice minatures painted in under a month. But I did like how they turned out, as did Karen who got to pick them from the grab bag.

Next up was a hat for my self. Now for Christmas I had given my cousin and my aunt each one skein of this really cool high end yarn I found at my local shop. I loved this yarn so much that after Christmas I had to go get a skein for myself to play with. And so the Star berret was created from a pattern I found on Raverly. 

My coworker Rene liked the hat so much I wound up making her one to cheer her up after she did her taxes. Then she ordered two items for a late Christmas/Valentines holiday get together. She is my best customer after all. So I made a third hat for our friend Kari, did I mention that I like this pattern?? And for Theresa I found the lovely broken rib pattern scarf that I think turned out nice once I altered the pattern a bit.

This may be the only positive to come from all the couch time lately. At least if  I'm making something I don't feel like such a slug for not wanting to get up and move. 



No comments:

Post a Comment