Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hesitant

I'm hesitating and not completely sure why. The yarn is fantastic, the pattern was easy to follow. I've actually made great progress on this one.

I've gone from this:

to this:

In just under three months which for me is cheetah fast.

But since then it's been sitting on my table taunting me. All that's left is the edge trim, which is a pain but not horrible. There is the fact that I might not have enough yarn to complete the trim, I did add extra repeats but it's not like I cant get more yarn. I've invented worse excuses to visit yarn stores.

There's also the worry that after all this effort it wont wind up looking good on me. What if i guessed wrong and it doesn't fit? This is a big one. After all I'm not happy with my shape right now, yet not unhappy enough to force me to do anything about it. But three months is a long time to work on something that might wind up unflattering. So it sits there in project limbo. If I don't finish it I don't have to try it on.

Even more, this is the first non scarf/hat project I've come this close to finishing in years. I really should be more excited. Yet there it sits taunting me.

Only thing to do is sit down and finish it. So that was to be the focus of the weekend yet even with that I'm stalling. Oh I justify it by writing about here, I'm sure others have been in similar place with their own projects so that makes it ok for me to talk about it and continue stalling.

So no more stalling, I gather up my needles, what's left of my yarn and in my favorite comfy chair by the window with plenty of natural light here I go...great now I'm hungry, lunch first and then right back to the vest...yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment